Monday, September 21, 2009

Printable Coupon Troubleshooting

Do you ever have trouble printing coupons online? It can be a tricky business - and extremely frustrating when there's a coupon you'd like to use that just WON'T print! I've gathered information from various sources that may be of help to you...


BRICKS COUPONS
Take a look at a sample Bricks link (you'll know it's a Bricks link because of the address, along with a screen similar to the one shown above):

http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=qdfhcgw26501989&bt=wi&o=55895&c=CI&p=qNzCZsMW

Depending on the browser you're using (Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari), the code (highlighted in red) will need to be slightly different in order for you to be able to print correctly.

Internet Explorer = wi (vi will also work)
Firefox = wg or vg
Safari (on a PC) = vi
Safari (on a MAC) = xs

Often, if the link isn't intended for your current search engine, you'll be asked to install the coupon printer - repeatedly, with no success. If you're using Firefox to print your Bricks coupon and it's not working, check the http address. Change the "wi" or "vi" to a "wg" instead (depending on your browser) and you'll find that your problem is solved! I've been able to successfully "fix" the links for many printable coupons with these instructions!

Sweeties Sweeps has a wonderfully clear tutorial (with pictures!) on how to change the http address to Fix Problems Printing Online Coupons and get the Bricks coupons to work for you.

If your coupon is STILL not printing after altering the address, find HELP on the bottom of the original screen. It will take you to a Troubleshooting Guide, which will offer more advice. If you find that you still cannot print the coupon, fill out the online form to request the coupon in the mail. Note that it will take a few weeks to arrive, however.

Ready to test the theory? Here is a Bricks coupons you can try:


$0.50/2 Jell-O Gelatin (FF)

A link you may want to add to your favorites: Bricks Coupon List
Scroll down for a LONG list of Bricks coupons!

_______________________________

SMARTSOURCE COUPONS

Many people struggle with printing SmartSource coupons (either from the SmartSource website or a separate link). Even when you can print them successfully, it can take up to 3 minutes for the computer to generate a unique code. Even the most patient of us can tire of the wait!

Here are some things that you can try:

  • Check that your computer has the latest download version of Java. Often, an updated Java version will help with coupon printing.

  • You may need to adjust the settings for you internet browser to allow all “Active X” items to “prompt” or “enable” to see the “yellow bar” (advice from Microsoft). To do this, do the following:
    1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools
    2. Click Internet Options
    3. Click the Security tab
    4. Click Custom level
    5. Scroll down until you find the following and select what is in the parenthesis:
    · Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls (Enable)
    · Download signed ActiveX controls (Prompt)
    · Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins (Enable)
    Now you may need to play with these settings depending on how they got their website setup, but give it a try.

  • Read up on troubleshooting from the SmartSource website:
    http://coupons.smartsource.com/mnmedia/BottomNavs/Troubleshooting.html

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info!! I too have had troubles printing coupons, and it is VERY frustrating, especially if it's a coupon I want to use that day!! Thanks again, very much appreciated!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have troubles printing coupons so I followed the steps outlined above. It appears to work, although it eventually switches to a new screen that has a picture of the product, a web address, and a place for my zip code. When I enter my zip code, it goes to a screen showing it printing, but it never does. Anyone else get this? Any ideas how to fix?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, do you have that issue with Bricks or SmartSource coupons?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a mac and I recently upgraded to the new "Snow Leopard" operating system. The coupon printer software failed to install. I went back to the "Leopard" operating system until I could find a solution. This link to the "Mac OS X Hints" site appears to offer a solution to anyone who's in my boat.

    http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=104977

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only have the issue with Bricks coupons...smartsource and redplum coupons print fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you been able to find the HELP button on that strange zip-code screen? Looks like you might need to see what Bricks has to say about it. I don't recall ever seeing a screen like that, though sometimes after printing, it will direct me to a product page or website. I'll keep my eyes open for a fix for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had trouble printing Smartsource coupons for a long time now...a screen usually comes up saying I need to enable Java. I go through everything as they direct you to do and it IS enabled already. It was getting very frustrating! One day I happened to hit the back button and my coupons started printing...this works every time now. I get the "enable screen" and then hit back and my coupons print. It's weird but it works for me! Maybe this will work for someone else??

    ReplyDelete
  8. *****Problems Printing Smartsource Coupons*******

    Uninstall your printer software and drivers, then reinstall the latest version.

    I have tried to several months to figure out my problem, this was it.

    Phillis

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin