Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Meet Some Metro Detroit Bloggers!

Jolyn, Laura, and Courtney*

I had the pleasure of meeting two amazing Metro Detroit area bloggers last night in person, Laura from The Sharp Scissors Lady and Courtney from 1-2-3 Save. What a blessing to connect and be reminded that I'm not the only one working hard to help others save money! Both Laura and Courtney teach "coupon classes" in their area, something I'm gearing up for this October, and it was wonderful to hear all of their great ideas!

You might want to take a look at Courtney's beautiful new stock room!

And you'll find some great ideas for giving in Laura's post What Do I Do with All of my Stuff?

Did you know there are others blogging from the Metro Detroit Area? You may also want to meet:

*A photo disclaimer: I have never posted a picture of myself on this blog because I haven't found a decent photo and I figure that it doesn't really matter what I look like. Now you see why! :) This picture could disappear at any time...

7 comments:

  1. Jolyn,

    You're gorgeous!

    Thanks for the linky love.
    Looks like I missed a great time.

    ~Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet and leave feeling like old friends! We'll have to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link...don't get rid of the photo...you look great (besides it's still on one of the other sites :-) ). Let me know when you get together next time, and I'll see if I can join you. It would be fun to talk to others who "get" blogging :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again and hopefully meet more bloggers in our area. It was so nice talking with you both, it felt good to have other people to share ideas and questions with thanks so much Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be interested in coming to a coupon class of yours, especially if it's in Macomb! :) Do you have any details yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 2 scheduled speaking engagements to MOPS groups on October 27 about Saving Money/Couponing (in Sterling Heights and Macomb) and plan to teach a class or two in Utica on couponing, hopefully in September or October. The classes would be open to everyone and I'd love for blog readers to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know me and a friend would for sure come to the one in Utica! I'm in Sterling Heights, so that's great!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin