Monday, September 21, 2009

Target: Case-It Binders on Clearance

Dawn emailed this evening to share that Case-It Binders have been clearanced at Target locations in the Macomb area (Hall/Schoenherr location; none available at Hall/Heydenreich location). Previously $20-30, they're now $8.50-13.50. So WHY might you want a binder?

While there are many ways to organize your coupons, one of the most popular formats is the coupon binder. Taking a sturdy, zippered 3-ring binder (like the Case-It binder shown above) with you to the store allows you to have all your coupons organized and at your fingertips (a great way to help you save even more on in-store clearance items!). Case-It Binders are top of the line and hold up well after thousands of shopping trips - they even include a handy shoulder strap! Utah Deal Diva has written a thorough Coupon Binder Tutorial to give you a complete picture of what a working coupon binder looks like inside and out.

Admittedly, I'd love to have a working binder in order (and I have the materials!), but I've never found the time to sit down and switch over all of my coupons! Are any of you coupon binder users? Please share your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. I have a Case It that I got off the clearance rack at Meijers awhile back. I filled it with baseball card card holders that I filled with coupons. I labeled each page by topic, like "Dairy" and then each slot is something in the dairy aisle, like "Milk/cream", "Cheese", etc. It makes finding my coupons very easy.

    The only downside is the sorting that it takes to put the coupons away and it is horrible if you let too many weeks pile up. It still beats my old envelope system though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I am working on converting over although I got a photo album on clearance that is not sturdy at all! I've already had to tape all the bottoms because the coupons were to many stretched them out and ripped through. I agree though it is time consuming. On a normal week not a problem but if I decide to buy 3 papers on a 5 insert week it is forever to organize them! I will revert back to my filing folder with the general categories. It isn't too difficult because if I see match ups I know the past week is in the old system everything else is in the new system then I work on clearing out the file folder into the new system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just switched over from the "shoe box" method (actually it was an under-the-bed sweater box) to the binder method this past weekend. I am loving it!! It did take me 14 hours to switch over and organize tho.

    I don't have to worry about throwing it in the car and it bumping around, the coupons don't fall out!!

    Also, I noticed I had several "free w/purchase" coupons that I never would have known to spend with my old method for items I bought yesterday.

    I also made quick work of the clearance shelf and got a ton of great deals that I wouldn't have normally taken the time to go back to the car to look through my box to buy. (I shop with 3 small kids ALL the time).

    I did purchase the Case binders mentioned in the article. I had to buy 2, one for food items and one for non-food items.

    IMO--SO worth the time to convert!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin