Monday, October 5, 2009

Kroger: New Policy Limits Double Coupons

This week's Kroger ad appeared with a new coupon stipulation:

Double Manufacturer's Coupons up to $0.50 with card
Limit 3 Manufacturer's Coupons will be Doubled per Like Items Purchased

You'll want to check your ad to see whether your location is under the same restriction, but all of the Macomb area Kroger ads that I checked advertised it at the bottom of the front page. Note that the limit is 3 coupons per like items. Most Kroger stores interpret like items according to the specific variety/flavor of the item. For example, if you had 9 $0.50/1 coupons for One Zip bags, you could purchase 3 boxes of gallon storage bags, 3 boxes of quart storage bags and 3 boxes of gallon freezer bags and remain within the new rules.

Thanks to Stacey for pointing out this change!

It's been a sad week in Macomb for coupon clippers:
  • A small, pitiful Meijer ad has become the new format
  • Detroit News and Free Press now sells for $1.50 per copy at area stores
  • Kroger limits shoppers to 3 identical coupons

BOO! It may be time to speak your mind. What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. You can still purchase the paper at your area Dollar Tree for a dollar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you realize Kroger charge the same item for much higher price in Michigan than other states?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dawn! I was wondering about that!

    Anonymous, I do realize that Kroger's regular prices are much higher. That's why I only shop there with coupons - and why this coupon restriction is such a disappointment. No limit on doubled coupons was one of the few features they had in their favor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dislike the new Meijer ad. I hope it's not going to look like this forever.....
    I only shop Kroger when there is a WONDERFUL deal. Our Kroger is not too clean (Beck Rd & Pontiac Trail in Wixom/Walled Lake)
    CVS sells their paper for $1.
    I do like your web site.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like the new Meijer ad either, I can't believe they made it smaller.

    The only time I go to Krogers is when they have really good deals. Usually what made the great deal was the unlimited amount of coupons I could use. Not to mention the last few times I was in Krogers, trying to use IP's was a challange.

    I am not happy about these coupon changes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought my papers at CVS on Sunday and they too have gone up to $1.50. I am with you all, I don't shop at Kroger unless it's a deal I can't pass up. I don't like the Meijer AD change either, harder to read in my opinion. It really is a sad week for couponers in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does make you wonder, since both of these companies are promoting heavily how they are trying to support the Michigan economy/businesses, if they realize how much things like this affect their customers. Especially in one of the most hard hit sates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shop the Owosso Kroger and they've limited to 3 like coupons for quite some time - but they do double to $1 so it's not too bad. :)

    In my small town, Detroit papers are now $2. That's the most disappointing thing - but they do have to travel farther to get them to us, so I can't really complain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ran into a fellow couponer that told me that paper is still $1 at Meijer stores. Can anyone else confirm that?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin