After spending some time on the phone with Kroger Corporate today, I requested a copy of the official coupon policy for Michigan. Here is what I received via email:
Thank you for contacting the Kroger Co. The coupon policy for your area is as follows:
- The store manager has the right to accept, decline or limit the use of ANY coupon upon view.
- The store manager has the right to limit the Quantity of coupons or items used/purchased in a single transaction, by a single customer, or in a single day.
PAH (Print At Home) Internet Coupon Policy
- We only accept printable coupons if they scan properly at checkout.
- We do not accept "FREE product" printable coupons, with no purchase requirement. Buy-one-get-one-free coupons and other values that have a purchase requirement are acceptable but will be MUCH less common than traditional value-off coupons.
- We do not accept coupons for more than about 75% of a product's value without advance notice. Legitimate PAH coupons will not be for a high value relative to the cost of the item. For example, a $2 off coupon will be acceptable for a product that normally sells for $5 or more, but a $2 off printable coupon for a product that sells for $2.25 is unlikely to be legitimate.
- Coupons will be rejected if they appear out of proportion or blurry, or are obvious duplicates. Legitimate PAH coupons are never copied, sold or traded. Nearly all coupons are "non-transferable" meaning they should not be photocopied or scanned and distributed to others.
- Coupons will be rejected if they appear to have been altered in any way.
- PAH coupons can be checked for validity at http://www.printcoupons.com.
Double Coupons (Michigan)
- Manufacturer coupons of $.50 or less will be "Doubled".
- Manufacturer coupons over $.51 will be redeemed at face value.
This Does Not apply to "Free", Kroger, Retail Food Store coupons, Electronic Coupons on the Kroger Plus Card or items prohibited by law.
- Does Not accept Competitor Pharmacy Coupons.
- Cannot use LCM or Competitor Coupons in conjunction with the $4 Generic Program.
General Coupon Policy
- Limit one (1) manufacturer coupon per item purchased.
- Limit one (1) store coupon per item purchased.
- One (1) manufacturer and One (1) store coupon can be used on the same item.
- Cannot use a 2nd or 3rd coupon on an item that is part of another coupon offer. Example: Coupon states: Buy 2 cereals and get a gallon of milk free. Customer cannot use another coupon on the cereal or the milk.
- Coupons cannot be used on "Free" items.
- Does Not accept coupons that are expired.
- Amount refunded cannot exceed the cost of the item.
- The store manager has the right to accept, decline, or limit the use of ANY coupon upon view.
- The store manager has the right to limit the Quantity of coupons/items used/purchased in a single transaction, by a single customer, or in a single day.
- Customer is responsible for tax on all items even "Free" items.
I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further inquiries, please contact your local store manager.