Thursday, January 7, 2010

Recommended Resources: Tracking your Savings in 2010




Many of you have asked for a spreadsheet that allows you to track your savings throughout the year. I've been hunting for some great FREE resources that will allow you to input grocery receipts - it can be very motivating to see what you've been saving and spending!

Take a look at these files and find the one that makes the most sense to you. Remember - if you're spending even a little bit less each month or getting more for your money, you're taking a step in the right direction!

I like to track all of my store purchases for the year - including groceries, cleaning products, health and beauty aids and clothing. Others limit it their records to only grocery spending. It's really up to you!



Mommy Snacks has a nice Grocery Savings Chart with instructions. I like her tracker because I like seeing my percentage saved across the board (and it's nice and simple!). I used it for 6-8 months last year until I fell off the wagon (it was on my old computer, which I didn't use often) - but I was thrilled to see an average savings of 75%!


The Coupon Project has an Excel-based Savings Tracker available with great commentary on how to calculate the percentage saved and how to set goals.


Taking Stock has a few different available resources for download:
A Simple Spreadsheet in Excel or Google Doc format
A Detailed Spreadsheet (Excel format)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin